Insight Vacations - Alpine Christmas Markets 8 night tour
from R23 845 pps - land only
The lead up to Christmas in traditional German towns and the snow-frosted Alps, is the stuff of storybooks - twinkling markets full of Yuletide delights and towering Christmas trees. Enter the realm of gingerbread, Gluhwein and carol singers.
IncludesReturn airport transfers on arrival and departure days (conditions apply)
Eight nights' hotel accommodation
Six breakfasts and five dinners
Transport by Insight's luxury air-conditioned, 40-seater coach with extra legroom and complimentary on board Wi-Fi
Services of a travel director
Nine sightseeing experiences
Visit Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Zurich
- Christmas Markets: All departures will experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your travel director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz
- Innsbruck: During your orientation you will see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace in the Old Town
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful journey through Tyrol's picturesque countryside, on your horse-drawn Fiaker.
- Lindau: Use your free time to walk through the medieval streets of this island-town to see the harbour
- Freiburg: Enjoy a romantic walk through the medieval cobbled streets of Freiburg and soak in the magic of its Christmas Markets. See the medieval Munster and spend time in the historic old quarter
- Strasbourg: Exploring the Christmas Markets is like stepping directly into a fairytale, where glittering lights and the scent of cinnamon enchant your senses. Here you visit France's oldest Christmas Markets, set in front of the Cathedral. Spend time in the atmospheric neighbourhood of La Petite France.
- Zurich: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Grossmünster, Fraumünster and elegant Bahnhofstrasse
- Zurich: Attend Europe's biggest indoor Christmas Market with its magnificent Swarovski crystal-decorated Christmas tree
- Scenic drives: Throughout your travels, enjoy beautiful views of the Austrian Alps and Lake Bodensee.
** Final payment is due by 29 August 2019. Excludes flights, travel insurance, visas, tips, meals and drinks not specified and anything of a personal nature not mentioned above. All tours and services are subject to a minimum number of visitors, weather conditions, force majeure or other unforeseen circumstances. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Please note that airport taxes, fuel levies and surcharges are approximate and subject to change, the exact amount will be confirmed at time of booking. Please contact us for flights
Valid selected departures between 23 November and 12 December 2019
Terms & Conditions
If applicable, prices start from and are based on two people sharing unless otherwise stated, subject to change due to airfare increases, currency fluctuations and availability.
Land only R23 845 pps