Club Travel was established in July 1987 by Wally Gaynor, who still serves as Managing Director of the company. Acquired by the Thebe Tourism Group in 2001.
For our customers’ protection and peace of mind we are fully-licensed by:
- IATA – International Air Transport Association
- ASATA – Association of South African Travel Agents
- ABTA – African Business Travel Association
- Climate Neutral Group
Club Travel not only complies with, but fully supports all laws and/or acts which have been promulgated with a view to promoting ethical and transparent business practices in the best interests of customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders, as well as the community at large. To this end, Club Travel remains committed to its Skills Development Programmes, Social Investment Initiatives, and Environmental Responsibilities.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1987, Club Travel has developed a comprehensive range of travel services. Whether a leisure traveller, a business traveller or a travel agency, we have the experience, expertise and passion to give you the best deal!
Trust Club Travel for personalised, customised leisure travel management.
Our thirty-plus years of industry experience and strong brand enables us to negotiate and offer our travellers preferential rates on airfares, accommodation, car hire, tours, cruises, travel insurance, foreign exchange and more. We also offer a wide choice of travel packages and specials.
Club Travel’s dedicated team of consultants is passionate about providing personal service, and sharing their extensive destination knowledge and advice, most often personally acquired. We are exceptionally proud of our long-standing customer relationships.
Whether a travel package or customised travel itinerary, Club Travel’s meticulous attention to detail, global destination insights and personalised service we are committed to turning holiday dreams into reality.
- More than three decades industry experience
- Industry-leading travel expertise
- Best-in-industry travel technology – multi-GDS systems
- Comprehensive range of service offerings including business, leisure and group travel
- Recognised at the highest level, having won sought-after local and international awards
Club Travel has been recognised at the highest level. The below list of awards are only some of the recent accolades we have received:
- Africa’s Leading Travel Agency – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2019 – World Travel Awards
- South Africa’s Leading Travel Agency – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 – World Travel Awards
- Golden Arrow Award – Most Professional Travel Agency, voted by Government and Business
- ASATA/Diners Club Award – Most Professional Travel Agency in South Africa
- Nominated South Africa’s Top Performing Company – 2007 & 2008, for "Sustained Excellence in Corporate Performance"
- 2011 – nominated for Metropolitan Oliver Empowerment Award
- The Amadeus Mozart Award for "Excellence and Travel Technology Innovation" in South Africa
- Most Improved Company – 2013 – Thebe Excellence Awards
- Qualified as one of South Africa’s Top 100 Gender Empowerment Companies – 2014 Top Women in Business & Government
- Employee Satisfaction Award – 2014 & 2015 – 7th Annual Thebe Group Excellence Awards