Insight Vacations - Highlights of Eastern Europe end Vienna 13 night tour
from R40 590 pps - land only
Delve behind the former 'Iron Curtain' to explore these stunning cities of the east. Flourishes from the Austro-Hungarian Empire and a melange of medieval charm are juxtaposed against more sombre reminders of WWII.
IncludesReturn airport transfers on arrival and departure days (conditions apply)
13 Nights' hotel accommodation throughout
Daily breakfast and six dinners
Transport by luxury air-conditioned, 40-seater coach with extra legroom and complimentary on board Wi-Fi
Services of a travel director
16 Sightseeing experiences
Visit Budapest, Krakow, Auschwitz, Czestochowa, Warsaw, Berlin, Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Vienna
- Budapest: See Matthias Church and gaze out over the Danube to the Hungarian Parliament Building from the Fisherman's Bastion. Atop Gellert Hill see the Liberty Statue presiding over the city
- Krakow: Join your local expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail.
See the medieval Sukiennice Cloth Hall
- Krakow: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon
- Krakow: Visit the 14th century St. Mary's Basilica, the most important church in the city
- Auschwitz: Join a Holocaust historian and experience a powerful and moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust
- Czestochowa: Visit the 14th century Monastery of Jasna Gora, famous for the Black Madonna supposedly to have been painted by St. Luke
- Warsaw: See the Old Town, Royal Castle, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Lazienki Park before paying your respects at the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes
- Berlin: Drive along the Ku'Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz
- Dresden: Admire the 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic on the Saxon wall of the castle. You'll also see Frauenkirche, Zwinger Palace and the opera house, Semperoper
- Prague: Experience a private tour with your local expert through the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle
- Prague: Explore the delightful Old Town Square and see the detailed Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers each hour
- Cesky Krumlov: Let a local expert lead you through a medieval labyrinth of private chambers, courtyards, kitchens and dungeons of the castle, so rich in history. Visit the fairy-tale castle considered to be the finest in the land
- Vienna: A private tour with a local expert showcases the sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace, rich in Rococo and glittering gold, and its spectacular formal gardens
- Vienna: Travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche
** Pay R3000 per person deposit within seven days of booking with full payment due by 18 December 2019. Excludes flights, travel insurance, visas, tips, meals and drinks not specified and anything of a personal nature not mentioned above. All tours and services are subject to a minimum number of visitors, weather conditions, force majeure or other unforeseen circumstances. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Please contact us for flights.
Valid departures between 11 April to 10 October 2020
Terms & Conditions
If applicable, prices start from and are based on two people sharing unless otherwise stated, subject to change due to airfare increases, currency fluctuations and availability.
Land only R40 590 pps